D2’s vPort optimizes support for video calls, high definition audio, Windows® CE/Mobile applications and remote security management
LAS VEGAS, NV – January 8, 2009 — D2 Technologies, the market leader in embedded IP communications software platforms, today announced the next generation of its flagship vPort product line, enabling OEMs and service providers to cost-effectively and quickly deliver to market the most advanced mobile and CPE communications products. vPort 2.0 now provides optimized support for the development of femtocells, mobile internet devices (MIDs) and mobile handset products. It also offers significant technology upgrades that support WiMAX, the Windows® CE and Windows® Mobile platforms, IMS, video calls, remote management of end-user devices via TR-069 (an application layer protocol) and the Secure Real Time Transport Protocol (SRTP), and high definition audio through additional wideband CODECs.
vPort 2.0 merges the best of existing and emerging technologies to deliver a wealth of communications services in any mode (voice, video, IM chat, email, SMS, etc.) over any network (WiMAX, WiFi, cellular, IMS, broadband, PSTN), giving service providers, enterprise users and general consumers the widest choice of connectivity platforms.
A leader in embedded VoIP performance, efficiency and platform support, vPort enables networking, signaling and voice processing functions to execute as an integrated solution on a single processor. Through this upgrade, vPort now offers the broadest application support and most advanced features of any embedded VoIP software on the market, and allows manufacturers to quickly meet consumer demands for communications products such as IP and dual mode mobile phones, triple- and quadruple-play devices, advanced VoIP adapters/gateways and other mobile devices.
Key vPort 2.0 product features include:
· Broadest range of IC and core processor support for market leaders such as Cavium Networks, Freescale Semiconductor, LSI Corporation, Ralink Technology, AMCC, Ikanos Communications and Texas Instruments
· New CODECs including GSM-AMR support for femtocells
· Increased embedded OS support for WinCE/WinMobile, VxWorks, Linux, Android
- OS Abstraction Layer allows quick porting onto new and proprietary OSs
· Unified and IP communications at its core:
- VoIM and multi-protocol support (SIP, GoogleTalk, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ)
- Presence based functionality
- Video call/chat capability
· Complete suite of NAT Traversal software including STUN, ICE, and TURN
· Full SRTP support including RFCs 3550, 3711, and 4568
· Remote management integration with TR-069 and TR-104 SW modules
· Industry leading voice quality, CPU (MHz) optimization and service provider interop
”By enhancing vPort, D2 is helping customers quickly respond to the increased market demand for VoIP-enabled devices in new application areas, on new platforms and with advanced features,” said Doug Makishima, Vice President of Marketing and Sales at D2 Technologies. “We are now conducting demos with our key partners and OEM customers, and expect commercial availability of vPort 2.0 toward the end of Q1 2009.”
About D2 Technologies
D2 delivers proven communication software products – from embedded IP communications software and protocols to converged user interfaces – that enable rich, universal communication in any class of device or equipment. The company’s software provides the industry’s only platform for merging any communication network, protocol or service to deliver a unified, seamlessly connected experience. D2 is also the VoIP software market leader, embedded in a wide variety of different devices that process billions of minutes per month. To learn more about how D2 is enabling a world of unified communications, go to www.D2tech.com